I built this same bed for Jana and I when she suggested that I should build her a bed, and that it should look like this. It was a natural progression then to start thinking about building night stands, though there was a lot more involved with them than I had imagined. Primarily, they took a lot longer than I anticipated because they required jointing numerous walnut boards to reach the desired depth- something I'd never done before.
I couldn't be happier with the way they turned out though, especially the sliding mechanism on the drawers, which consist of dado grooves on each side of the drawer and two guiding blocks that the grooves slip onto.
I built these to sell with the bed as a set, to raise some much needed summer funds (figuring that I'd build a set for us in the near future), but when we got one in our room to take a couple pictures for Craigslist, we immediately saw that it was going to be no easy task parting with them.
I was tipped off yesterday to a very cool website called Apartment Therapy (thanks Cayenne!) who apparently liked my work and added it to their front page. Check it out here.
Update: In addition to telling me about Apartment Therapy, Cayenne also bought this bed and wrote about it on her blog. Check it out here.